Saturday, August 1, 2009

My First Half-Marathon

Woohoo! So stoked. I ran my first half-marathon today and am so stoked to have finished. I achieved my goals for both the first half and the second half. First half was to 'just keep going' and my second half goal was to 'just keep on keeping going'. Hehe! My knee was hurting the whole way around but it only really hindered me in the final quarter. Just getting too old eh??

It's funny the things that go through your head when you're running... like for instance Dori came to mind "Just keep running. Just keep running. Running, running, running..." Oh and that stupid song "Sunday morning, up with the lark, I think I'll take a walk in the park..." NUTS! And I can't believe I just shared that with you. No worse than sharing it with all those people running the halfie tho! But it was a beautiful Sunday morning, the weather really treated us well. :-)

People often assume I am far fitter than I actually am but it has taken a lot of preparation to get to this point I can tell you and my time wasn't overly fast, unofficially it was just over 2hours. I just know that I couldn't have done the preparation as a single parent and working fulltime. Finding two hours in a day after a full day's work to go for a run wouldn't be easy. Thank god for study leave!

Now that I have achieved this I intend to continue, I am so keen to do more so that should help motivate me. I hope that by the time I get back to work I will have developed myself enough that I am only having to run an hour and a half instead of two when I'm training. Time is just so precious and there is only so much of it.

Now to deal to this knee... ice :-( Urgh!

No comments:

Post a Comment